Difference between revisions of "Related Work"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 00:31, 21 July 2015
This is an alphabetized list of articles, books and sources that have been important to the Game Ontology Wiki. Some have been inspirational while others reflect approaches that are similar in some ways. This list is also important to us as a library of bibliographic references.
- Holopainen, J. & Björk, S. (2007) Design patterns are Dead - Long Live Design Patterns. Borries, Friedrich von, Walz, Steffen P., Böttger, Matthias (eds.) (2007), Space Time Play. On the Synergy *Between Computer Games, Architecture, and Urbanism, Birkhäuser Publishing, Basel Boston Berlin.
- Holopainen, J., Björk, S. & Kuittinen, J. (2007). Teaching Gameplay Design Patterns. Paper presentation at ISAGA 2007, Nijmegen,The Netherlands. Winner of the The ISAGA Outstanding Paper award.
- Lankoski, P. & Björk, S. (2007). Gameplay Design Patterns for Believable Non-Player Characters. Paper presentation at DiGRA 2007, Tokyo, Japan.
- Lankoski, P. & Björk, S. (2007). Gameplay design Patterns for Social Netowrks and Conflicts. Paper Presentation at Computer Game Design and Technology Workshop, John Moores University, Liverpool.
- Mor, Y., Winters, N., Pratt, D. & Björk, S. (2007). Tools for Developing Design Patterns for Mathematical Computer Games. Paper presentation at the Game in' Action conference, Göteborg, Sweden.
- Peitz, J. & Björk, S. (2007). Understanding Pervasive Games through Gameplay Design Patterns. Paper presentation at DiGRA 2007, Tokyo, Japan.
- Zagal, J.P., Aarseth, E., Björk, S., Holopainen, J. & Mateas, M. (2007). Patterns, Typology and Ontology: An Overview and Discussion of the Formal Analysis of Games and Gameplay. Panel at DiGRA 2007, Tokyo, Japan.
- Cook, Daniel (2006), "Creating a system of game play notation", Lost Garden Blog
- Koster, Raph (2005) "A Grammar of Gameplay", Presented at the Game Devoper's Conference 2005.
- Björk, S. & Holopainen, J. (2004) Patterns in Game Design. Charles River Media. ISBN1-58450-354-8.
- Björk, S., & Holopainen, J. (2003) Describing Games - An Interaction-Centric Structural Framework. In Copier, M. & Raessens, J. (Eds.) (2003) Level Up - CD-ROM Proceedings of Digital Games Research Conference 2003, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 4-6 November 2003.
- Björk, S., Lundgren, S. & Holopainen, J. (2003) Game Design Patterns. In Copier, M. & Raessens, J. (Eds.) (2003) Level Up - Proceedings of Digital Games Research Conference 2003, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 4-6 November 2003.
- Lindley, Craig (2003) "Game Taxonomies: A High Level Framework for Game Analysis and Design", Gamasutra.com
- Bateman, Chris, et al. (2006) Play Spec Symposium.
Against formal approaches for describing games